The Saskatchewan Association of Chiefs of Police
is proud to present
Saskatchewan Government Insurance
For many years, Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI) has partnered with all police agencies throughout Saskatchewan in their commitment to prevent deaths, serious injuries, and property damage due to motor vehicle collisions.
SGI’s sponsorships and partnerships to increase traffic safety, education and legislation form an integral part of police operations. Programs funded by SGI include but are not limited to:
- Reducing impaired driving through Operation Overdrive, RID, MADD, free transit service on New Year’s Eve, and breath-testing equipment for police;
- Reducing distracted driving through Operation Hang Up and Operation Hands Free;
- Increasing seatbelt usage through Operation Buckle Up and the SGI Seatbelt Challenge;
- Increasing Intersection Safety through Operation Crossroads;
- Promoting speed management through speed information signs, collision investigation tools, training and technology;
- Innovation in technology through ALPR, FLIR, and E-Ticketing.
The contribution of SGI to road safety is recognized and appreciated by Saskatchewan’s police community. The Saskatchewan Association of Chiefs of Police commends SGI for their commitment and assistance to police agencies in Saskatchewan by awarding Saskatchewan Government Insurance with the President’s Award.
Chief Troy Hagen
President, Saskatchewan Association of Chiefs of Police